The goal of the tourney is to earn points by winning games of (8-ball) pool against other participants. After the match, a match-card needs to be filled in and handed in to register the match.
Participation to the tourney starts by challenging another member, who is also not a participant yet. It is not possible to start participation by playing against a registered participant: these matches will not be counted towards your score and fall outside of the tourney.
Matches between a registered participant and another registered participant will count as a regular, valid match instide the tourney.
When a match is played that counts in the tourney, the winner will be able to acquire points. The victor will acquire points equal to the amount of balls that their opponent has left (excluding the black 8-ball). When the loser no longer has any balls left, and therefore is also attempting to pocket the black ball, the victor will recieve 0 points. The loser of a match will never gain points, but will always lose 1 point.
For example: You have pocketed all of your full balls, you have just pocketed the black ball, and the opponent still has two half-full balls left; then you will earn +2 points and your opponent earns -1 point.
- To keep the chances of every participant equal, every contestant may only play 5 games a week (Monday to Friday). Every match past this amount will not be counted and therefore falls outside of the tourney. So take into account how many matches you have played in a week, but also how many matches your opponent has played.
- Match-cards need to be filled in completely and truthfully according to every played match.
Every played match that does not have a corresponding match-card handed in, or has an incorrectly or incompletely filled in match-card will not be counted towards the tourney.
- Match-cards need to be handed in at the Amino room in the corresponding inbox. A ranking will also be placed near the inbox, which will show the best participants of that week.
- Matches may only be played in the Amino room. Participants may deny a challenge at all times.
The following default 8-ball pool rules will be applied:
- Two players play versus each other, during the match each player needs to pocket either all full balls or all half balls. This will be determined by the first ball that is pocketed. At all times, only the white cue ball may be shot to achieve this.
- On the first shot, the triangle of balls is broken with the black ball in the middle, where the triangle is placed in the middle of one of the two sides of the table. The breaking is only done by shooting the white cue-ball, which is placed in the middle of the opposite side of the table. A ball type cannot be determined during this first shot, this can only be done during the following shots.
- When a player pockets a ball when a ball type is not yet determined, their ball type is determined and they may shoot again. If two balls of different types are pocketed, the player may pick their ball type. When a ball type is determined, a player may only shoot again if they pocket a ball of their own type.
- When a ball type is determined, the first ball a player hits is required to be a ball of their type. If this is not the case, or if the player does not hit any other balls, it is now their opponent’s turn and they may place the cue-ball anywhere on the table. If a player still pockets a ball of their own type with such an illegal shot, they may not shoot again.
- When a player pockets the cue-ball during their shot, then it is now their opponent’s turn and they may place the cue-ball anywhere on the table. If a player still pockets a ball of their own type with such an illegal shot, they may not shoot again.
- Pocketing a ball of the opponent’s type, whether it is an accident or not, is not seen as an illegal shot. When a player pockets a ball of their own type as well and if the first ball they hit was of their own type, they may shoot again like normal.
- When a player pockets the black ball, directly or indirectly, while balls of their own type are still on the table. they will immediately lose the game.
- When a playerhas pocketed all the balls of their own type they are able to win the game by pocketing the black ball in a pockeet of choice.
- When the black ball is pocketed and the cue-ball is pocketed in the same shot, that player will immediately lose the game.