Utrecht University has a wide selection of student councils, which allow students to provide feedback and insight into matters related to their education, student life experience, and future prospects.
This is at an educational level:
- CRG, Course Response Group, where bachelor students can discuss the subjects of the periods.
- PRG, Programme Response Group, where Master’s students can discuss the subjects of the periods.
- EAC, Education Advisory Committee, which consists of a small group of students from one bachelor programme who, among other things, process the outcome of the CRG and the Caracal evaluations. They also have close contact with teachers to improve the subjects, the curriculum, or the entire study.
- OAC-B (Biology) Send an email
- OAC-SK (Chemistry) Send an email
- EAC-MBLS (Molecular & Biophysical Life Sciences) Send an email
This is at a departmental level:
- DAC, Departmental Advisory Committee, which consists of students who audit the departmental board and discuss matters with the departmental board in close contact.
- Management of departments, formed by professorship groups. They focus on maintaining and improving the quality of research and education. Each management of departments contains a student member, which could be you!
This is at a faculty level:
- OC, Programme Committee, the faculty variant of the EAC, consisting of delegates from the EACs.
- FC, Faculty Council, which consists of students who are in close contact with the faculty board and discuss of all kinds of issues students deal with, in order to improve upon faculty rules, plans, and policy. If you’re experiencing some difficulties related to the university which none of the above mentioned groups/committees are able to help you with, the faculty council is the one to contact.
- Each year, there is one student member in the faculty council, which could also be you!
This is at a university level:
- UC, University Council, the overall participation council, which deals with all kinds of university-wide problems such as diversity, sustainability and student wellbeing. The University Council is in close contact with the Executive Board and also monitors it. If you were unable to contact all previous councils, committees or groups with your question, problem or comment, you can always contact the University Council.
- Student councils:
- LSR, Life Science Representatives. The goal of the LSR is to represent all students of the GSLS, be the official student representative council to the staff of the GSLS, and improve the quality of education and help to resolve the study-related problems of students of the GSLS.
- EC-LS, Educational Committee for the Life Sciences, to maintain and improve the quality of education.
- University organs: