Scientific Consultant Image Processing and Microscopy at SVI
Our company is looking for a scientific consultant in image processing and microscopy, who will help us work with and support life scientists at research institutes across the globe. Do you have experience in image processing and/or microscopy, are interested in consultative selling to a wide range of life sciences specialists and are a strong communicator and team player, you may be the person we’re looking for!
SVI is an innovative company that offers the Huygens microscopy imaging software for high quality deconvolution and image restoration, combined with 2D-5D visualisation and analysis. We closely work with universities and leading organisations in the field. The position is office-based in our headquarters in Hilversum, Netherlands (commuting distance from Amsterdam and Utrecht) and offers the opportunity for occasional traveling to conferences and meetings
In this role, you will become an internationally recognized imaging specialist, who helps scientists get the most out of their microscopy data and guide them through the software purchasing process. You’ll get the opportunity to work in our highly motivated, competent and experienced interdisciplinary team consisting of senior scientists and business innovators,, and make a real difference for our customers. You’ll be working with cutting-edge technologies and facing the exclusive challenge of making it accessible to a wide audience.
- High growth potential facilitated training on the job by our imaging specialists
- Develop yourself to become an internationally recognized imaging specialist
- Working with innovative imaging software and scientists across the globe
- Full time position with partially a competitive commission-based salary
- Dynamic and informal work environment
- Occasional international traveling to conferences & meetings
- Provide technical training and support to imaging software clients and prospects via web conferencing, email and phone.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers to maintain long-term customer intimacy and revenue flow.
- Develop new business, quote and drive leads using consultative selling
- Follow up on inbound leads from multiple channels: email, telephone, website, online articles, events and social media
- Gain and maintain comprehensive knowledge of the SVI Huygens Imaging Software
- Background in life sciences and microscopy at University or PhD level
- Interest in high-tech life sciences , microscopy and software
- Interest and/or affinity for communication, sales, support and management
- Strong organisational skills
- Team-oriented person
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English, Dutch is a bonus
- Living in the Netherlands
Dear M(B)LS, MCLS or other Biosciences Master’s students,
The international and English-taught bachelor’s programme Molecular & Biophysical Life Sciences (MBLS) needs enthusiastic students who like to supervise other students with their tutorials and/or practicals. We therefore recruit teaching assistants (TAs) for various first- and second-year courses.
The opportunity to co-organize and teach a course with experienced teachers to make the course a success.
An educational experience that looks great on your CV.
A good salary (Usually 20-60 hours per course, depending on the needs of the course coordinator)
We look for highly motivated bachelor or master students who are:
– Following a programme that is in line with what we teach in MBLS
– Dedicated to their teaching tasks and can contribute to an enjoyable learning-environment
– 100% available according to the needs of the course coordinator (you cannot follow a course in the same timeslot yourself!)
If you are interested please complete this TA recruitment form.
Expressing your interest by submitting the TA recruitment form does not guarantee a TA position. Final selection of assistants is up to the course coordinators, and they will contact you.
Please remember, MBLS is an English-taught bachelor, so ALL the communication should be in English, even when you’re having a coffee break with the students 😉
If you already applied to become a TA through the previous mailing from the Biology Department, please also register through our link. We will compare both lists.
If you have any questions, please mail us via email@example.com
With best wishes,
Eric Huizinga (educational director)
Bertrand Kleizen (educational manager)
Alice Arwert (educational assistant)
Job Board Career Services
Career services regularly receives vacancies from companies and organisations in the UU-network. If these are relevant for a large group of students they will be placed on their vacancy board. The UU also looks for students throughout the year for diverse activities. Career services also publishes these on the vacancy board. These activities could be: Assistant at certain events like carreerday, web editor for the website and social media for Career Services or The University fund.
Gross hourly pay of € 9,50
Name: Marjolein Gelauff